Plunging into .NET Development

Weblog Pieter Gheysens
Microsoft .NET Development - C# - Enterprise Library - Visual Studio 2005 Team System - Compuware DevPartner - ...
 


Wednesday, July 2

One month ...

July 2008 will be a mini sabbatical for me. A month ago I finally decided to take a parental leave in July : one month with no professional obligations, one month for quality time with my family & friends (especially my wife and daughter), one month to make the final preparations for the arrival of our next family member, one month for reloading my batteries, one month to increase my household help at home, one month to do some sports (running, tennis, cycling, ...) to get back in optimal shape, one month to enjoy the weather (hopefully), one month to read some books, one month to enjoy a BBQ with a good glass of wine, one month to look ahead what the future will bring, ... one month to do things that otherwise get postponed or finally don't happen!

One month will probably be too short to do whatever I intended to. It's all about managing the short period of available time for all these kind of things. Hopefully I will be able to allocate enough time for some of these things after my parental leave in July. The hard work will only start once I get back to work! Finding a reasonable balance between work and private life is what I'm looking for!

When I was young(er) I've always been very active in sports, but due to several reasons that hasn't been the case anymore for the last couple of years ... So to really get me motivated to do something about it, I've just registered for the Brussels Marathon on October 5, 2008. Only three months to prepare : tough, but I've done it before! Up to the runners high!

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home