Plunging into .NET Development

Weblog Pieter Gheysens
Microsoft .NET Development - C# - Enterprise Library - Visual Studio 2005 Team System - Compuware DevPartner - ...
 


Friday, August 10

IIS 7 on Vista - cannot start website

Lately I suffered from problems with starting my default website in IIS.



A reset of IIS did not came to the rescue but it was actually (like the error message describes) another program (Skype) that was also running on port 80. I unchecked the option of Skype to run at startup so that IIS can take port 80 first. Afterwards when I startup Skype, Skype is looking for another port to run ... Problem solved.

Labels:

3 Comments:

  • At 6:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thanks, damned skype again.
    Marc

     
  • At 6:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    many thanks... I was at wit's end!

     
  • At 10:39 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Thank you!
    Solve my problem, too

     

Post a Comment

<< Home