Plunging into .NET Development

Weblog Pieter Gheysens
Microsoft .NET Development - C# - Enterprise Library - Visual Studio 2005 Team System - Compuware DevPartner - ...
 


Wednesday, March 15

Finally Released

A few weeks ago I finally released www.pietergheysens.be. After having registered my free domain name a couple of months ago, I took the time to do some web development (wow, that has been a while!). I started with the Visual Studio 2005 Personal Website Starter Kit. I didn't want to start from scratch and this Starter Kit contains already a lot of functionality out-of-the-box. I only changed some minor things about the functionality and the layout ... Read more about other starter kits here.

Starter Kits are fully functional sample applications designed to help you learn ASP.NET 2.0 and accomplish common Web development scenarios. Each sample is complete and well-documented so that you can use the code to kick start your Web projects today!

For hosting my site I've chosen for the Advance Plan of Webhost4life because it offered me at that time the cheapest solution (less than $10 a month) for hosting ASP.NET 2.0 with a SQL Server 2005 database. It's really amazing to see so much differences in price and options (especially for SQL Server 2005) between different hosting companies. Some offer even less webspace and less database storage for double of the price of my plan now. Crazy! For the moment I'm also pretty happy with the on-line support. I didn't encounter huge problems when publishing. One disadvantage perhaps : I expected more from the displayed stat reports they offer. They're not that advanced. So, I'm still waiting for Google Analytics to send me an invitation to try out their package ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home